Kid's Talk with Judith Roman Pediatric Speech Therapist Pathologist, Chicago, Glenview, North Shore
Each child and each family come to therapy services with unique
questions, strengths and needs. Individual therapy providers
can best give answers about a child. Resources listed below
serve to answer more general questions about speech and language
- The American Speech Language Hearing
serves as the primary national organization for speech
language pathology. This site contains a wealth
of information, including articles written specifically
- The Illinois Speech Language Hearing
provides general information about speech and
language as well as state-level legislative
- The site www.childlanguagespecialist.org describes
Recognized Specialist in Child Language designation
that Judy holds.
- The Neuro-Developmental Treatment Association website www.ndta.org provides
information about services for children with
- The website www.speech-language-therapy.com provides
well-respected articles written for professionals
and families. Family articles include, “How do speech-language
pathologists plan treatment?”
- Hearing problems can impact a child’s speech and
language development. For more information on hearing
loss related to speech and language growth, see www.eduguide.org/library/viewarticle/1568/.
- Finally, the site www.
provides information for families about early speech
and language milestones and development.